Bonnechere Excavating Inc. (BEI) is a construction company based in Renfrew, Ontario. BEI started as an equipment rental company and in then in the year 2000, began working as a general contractor in the heavy civil and road building industry. BEI has successfully managed and completed numerous contracts which have included a vast range of scopes of work including:
- Widening of major highways,
- Rehabilitation and construction of new highways,
- Widening of major rail lines,
- Large structural culvert installations
- Mass excavations,
- Installation of kilometers of sewer and water main,
- Rehabilitation of an existing dam,
- Construction of a new hydroelectric powerhouse facility,
- Rehabilitation and replacement of numerous bridges and other structures,
- Winter and summer highway maintenance,
- Parking lot construction,
- Site works for new building construction,
- Landfill remediation work, and
- Aggregate production.
BEI’s strength as an organization can be found in its people. BEI has developed and retained a highly capable team of individuals and has created a strong team culture within our organization that is the envy of the construction industry. Our dedicated workforce consists of a general manager, operations manager, controller, equipment manager, estimators, project managers, project coordinators, quality control technicians, foremen, grademen, skilled labourers, heavy equipment operators, heavy equipment mechanics, and licensed vehicle mechanics. The abilities of our experienced team allows us to safely and successfully execute complex projects that possess both challenging operational constraints, tight timelines and multiple diverse operations throughout the project.
BEI has a fleet of modern equipment at its disposal. BEI also has a fully certified shop capable of major repairs and certifying all of the licensed vehicles in the fleet. BEI has three fully equipped mobile mechanic service trucks for on-site equipment repairs and maintenance to keep equipment operational and projects on schedule.
While BEI’s core business is heavy civil work, as a general contractor, we have built strong relationships with a number of key subcontractors and our capabilities are expanded through these relationships. Some examples of these additional capabilities are engineering and design, concrete and structural construction, hot mix paving, drilling and blasting, landscaping, electrical, horizontal drilling, vertical drilling and building construction. Maintaining good relations with a diverse group of subcontractors allows us to provide a complete service to the owners we work for.
BEI is a strong community supporter and currently helps fund the following:
- Pembroke Lumber Kings, CCHL Hockey Team
- Whitewater Kings, CCHL Tier 2 Hockey Team
- Renfrew Fair
- Cobden Fair
- Cobden Curling Club
- Douglas Frosty Fun
- Killaloe Irish Gathering
- A Number of High School Sports Teams
We are proud members of the Ontario Road Builders Association